The school day starts at:
Reception and KS1 08:45am
Registers are marked as follows:
Nursery registers are marked at 09:00am
Reception and KS1 registers are marked at 08:55am
KS2 registers are marked at 08:55am
If your child (Reception -Year 6) arrives at school after 08:55am, they must be signed in by a parent at the school office. Pupils will receive a late mark if they are not in their classroom by the time the register is taken.
At 09:15am school registers close and your child will be marked as ‘U’ (after register closes). This will be counted as an unauthorised absence on your child’s attendance certificate.
If you need to contact school to inform us of the reason why your child will be late, please telephone the school office on 01992 587899. Office hours are 8:30am -4:30pm.
Reporting an absence:
- If you need to contact the school to record your child’s absence, please ensure you telephone the school office on 01992 587899. Office hours are 8:30am -4:30pm.
- You will need to contact the school as soon as possible on the first day of your child’s absence. You then need to contact the school every day of your child’s absence, unless the school has agreed otherwise.
- A telephone call will be made, by the school office, to the parent of any pupil who has not reported their child’s absence on the first day of non-attendance at school. If the priority contact cannot be reached, then the next registered adult for the child will be contacted.
- If your child requires a medical or dental appointment, we expect parents to attempt to book these appointments outside of school hours. If the appointment requires the pupil to leave during the school day, they will be signed out at the school office by a parent.
- We expect pupils to attend school before and after the appointment wherever possible.
The school day ends at 03:15pm (03:00pm for Nursery.)
The Nursery, Reception and Key Stage 1 children are not allowed out of the classroom unless the right adult is there to collect them. Key Stage 2 children are taken onto the playground and are handed over to the adult they go home with. Parents are asked to let the office know if they are going to be delayed, if someone different is collecting their child or if a child is allowed to walk home with friends (Year 6 only). It is really important that parents are on time to collect their children to avoid any unnecessary distress.
Please remember that children are working until the end of the session. If you are waiting on the playground keep little ones under control and away from the classrooms where they may distract pupils and staff.